Cambridge Primary School

Quality - Tradition – Innovation

Enrolment Scheme

In 2014 our Board of Trustees adopted an enrolment scheme. This was due to the rapid growth of our roll. Under the scheme, all children within our zone are entitled to come to CPS. Children outside of the boundary may still be able to come to our school; however, this is reliant on a ballot and priority system.

First priority: the applicant is the sibling of a current student of the school.Second priority: the applicant is the sibling of a former student of the school. Third priority: the applicant is a child of a former student of the school.Fourth priority: the applicant is either a child of an employee of the board or a child of a member of the board of trustees of the school. Fifth priority: all other applicants. Please do make contact with the school.

The enrolment of out of zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education Act 1989.

Cambridge Primary School Board of Trustees. 

We require all enrolments to be submitted online. This can be done at https://forms.linc-ed.com/?school_id=1702 At the top of this online enrolment form, you will find information on the required supporting documents. These can be emailed to  office@cambridgeprimary.co.nz  . Students enrolling directly from overseas need to present passports or other documentation as evidence they are in New Zealand legally. Student Visas must be shown.

- New entrants: Cambridge Primary School Board of Trustees implemented a cohort entry policy effective from Term 1, 2018. This means some children, depending on when in the term their birthday falls, will be able to start school before they turn five, while others will have to wait until after their fifth birthday. Ministry of Education guidelines state that as a parent, you can delay your child’s startup until their 6th birthday.

We see great benefits in cohort entry; such as children starting together rather than arriving into a new school environment individually throughout a term so children are able to attend our transition to school programme as a collective. Midterm dates are determined by the Ministry of Education. If your child’s birthday falls before the midterm date they can start at the beginning of that term however if their birthday falls on or after the midterm they are required to start at the beginning of the following term. Please see below a table illustrating this explanation. 

Click here to download a map of the enrolment zone

Click here to download details of the enrolment zone