Cambridge Primary School

Quality - Tradition – Innovation

Enrolment Scheme

In 2014 our Board of Trustees adopted an enrolment scheme. This was due to the rapid growth of our roll. Under the scheme, all children within our zone are entitled to come to CPS. Children outside of the boundary may still be able to come to our school; however, this is reliant on a ballot and priority system. 

First priority: the applicant is the sibling of a current student of the school.

Second priority: the applicant is the sibling of a former student of the school

Third priority: the applicant is a child of a former student of the school.

Fourth priority: the applicant is either a child of an employee of the board or a child of a member of the board of trustees of the school. 

Fifth priority: all other applicants. 

Please do make contact with the school.

The enrolment of out-of-zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education Act 1989.

We require all enrolments to be submitted online. This can be done HERE  At the top of this online enrolment form, you will find information on the required supporting documents. These can be emailed to office@cambridgeprimary.co.nz  . Students enrolling directly from overseas need to present passports or other documentation as evidence they are in New Zealand legally. Student Visas must be shown.

New Entrants: 

Cambridge Primary School Board of Trustees implemented a cohort entry policy effective from Term 1, 2018. All children in New Zealand must enrol and start with a school between the ages of 5 and 6.

We see great benefits in cohort entry; such as children starting together rather than arriving into a new school environment individually throughout a term so children are able to attend our transition to school programme as a collective. Midterm dates are determined by the Ministry of Education. Your child(ren) can start school either at the start of a term or at the mid-term date once they are 5 years of age. Please see below a table illustrating this explanation. 

COHORT ENTRY DATES 2023

Term

Start of Term

Mid-term

End of Term

1

31/01/2023

06/03/2023

06/04/2023

2

24/04/2023

29/05/2023

30/06/2023

3

17/07/2023

21/08/2023

22/09/2023

4

09/10/2023

13/11/2023

14/12/2023

Amended Pro Forma Enrolment Scheme - Cambridge School

Cambridge Primary School Zone Map